Monday, April 16, 2012

Chili Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Hi strangers! Last week was crazy busy in our neck of the woods, thus my blog posting was a little spotty. But, I'm back, and with a really yummy recipe. Lately, Jake and I are trying to be more conscious and proactive about what we eat. Switching out candy for fruit, that kind of thing. Sometimes you just want something crunchy and salty, so this is a great alternative to chips. I found this recipe from one of my very favorite blogs, Today's Letters.

Chili Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Ingredients:
2 Cups Pumpkin Seeds
4 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Tbs Chili Powder
2 tsp Sea Salt

Directions:
1. Put pumpkin seeds into a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir frequently over 4-5 minutes (the seeds will crack and pop, kind of like Pop Rocks but healthier).
3. Remove from heat and stir in olive oil, chili powder and sea salt.
4. Let cool and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment