Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kale Chips

I'm the sponsor of my school's Garden Club and I'm starting to learn quite a bit about gardening and what you can make with the more unusual veggies that we grow. My newest garden discovery is kale. Some students had made "Kale Chips," which they said were really tasty. I was a tad bit skeptical, but I gave it a try. They really are good! They're quite crunchy, so it gives me the same type of taste as chips, but a ton healthier. Here's the recipe I used.
 

Kale Chips

Ingredients: 
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
  3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment