Monday, December 10, 2012

Mason Jar Snow Globes

Ever since our wedding, I have been mildly obsessed with mason jars. I have accumulated quite a few, and wanted to use them in some way this Christmas. So, I made little snow globes!
 I bought miniature trees (usually used in the Christmas villages my mom likes) from Jo-Ann fabrics, along with some fake snow. I put some of the fake snow into the bottom of the jar. Then, I taped the trees to the lids of the jars and screwed them on. At this point, the tree is upside down in the jar. Turn the jar over so that it is now sitting on its lid. All done! Your very own snow globes. These would also be cute if you added little woodland creatures, or maybe a Santa. Now, if only we could get some real snow in our neck of the woods!






No comments:

Post a Comment