Sunday, June 12, 2011

family, wedding, art, wedding...in that order

Mr. Jake and I just got back from a weekend in Dayton to celebrate my friend/coworker Hilary's wedding. Since we were in the area, we went a day early to visit with Jake's parents and little sister, Calista. We ate lots of chocolate pie, steak, and cinnamon rolls. I think I'm STILL stuffed from Teresa's cooking. This picture just about sums up our visit.


Hilary's wedding was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It definitely had her touch all over the details. Her dress, hair, etc. looked perfect. Congrats, Hil and Rob!
We had some time to kill in between the wedding and reception, so we were lucky enough to see the Dayton Art Institute right across the street from the reception hall. We spent a couple of hours looking through the galleries; something I've been wanting to do at the Cincy Art Museum for a while now. Jake and I really enjoyed ourselves. Unfortunately, I don't have any wedding pics to share, but here's some of the paintings we found at the Art Institute.

Claude Monet

Georgia O'Keeffe

Browsing the artwork

This was one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment