Friday, June 8, 2012

Flea Market Finds

I have been waiting to go to the Brookville Flea Market for months! Now that Jake and I are actually in a house of our own, I had a whole list of things I was looking for when we went on Wednesday. Of course, I picked up one thing from that list and ended up with a lot of other items I didn't necessarily need. But the thrill of the hunt and finding bargains is all in the fun of going to flea markets. 

I think this was my best trip ever! I found some cheap jewelry, including a black and gold piece that was from a town I visited while in Spain.

Vintage fabric and table cloths

A needlework piece with my favorite Girl Scout song embroidered on it

A Hercules gun powder box to house Jake's comic books. It even says "EXTREMELY DANGEROUS" on the top. Perfect for all of those super heroes. :)

And my big find of the day: A (super cheap) vintage trunk! It has the names "Jackie" and "Jennie" in nail tacks spelled across the top and side. The seller said that it was originally from a set of twins. It's now in our room and holds all of our blankets.


2 comments: