Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Weekend

I got Jake all to myself this weekend. He came in on Thursday for one of our last premarital counseling sessions with our pastor, Chris. We basically planned out our entire ceremony this time around, and of course had a few convos about faith and pop culture. You know, the usual.

On our way out, this happened.
A good 'ol flat tire. Jake impressed me with his knowledge of what to do in this situation, because I had absolutely no idea. Dad helped us out with a quick trip to the church for a better tire iron and a flashlight. And with their powers combined, we were on the road again!

Friday was booked up with getting new tires, and since we were out and about we caught HP and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2. I enjoyed it more the second time around, plus I didn't hide my eyes near as much at the scary parts.

We both have eaten out so much lately that we went adventurous for dinner and made fool, one of my fav dishes from an Egyptian restaurant in Anderson. I must say, we did a pretty darn good job recreating it for having no recipe in front of us. We ate it with tortillas and hummus for good measure. Yum. Take a look:

I have felt so thankful for Jake this weekend. He handles my crazy so well. Through my emotional wedding-induced overwhelming moments, to hurt feelings when facebook reminds me I'm not invited to everything my friends are, and even the times when he takes charge of things I don't even ask him to. He has my back, and I love him to pieces for that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a Jake-ful weekend. Isn't it nice to feel loved? And I hear ya on the not invited to stuff... but that's because they know we're too cool for them ;)

    ReplyDelete