Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scrabble Wedding Present

Back in June I made a wedding present for my co-worker (and friend) Miss Hilary out of a Scrabble board and pieces. I didn't want to post it until I was sure she had opened it, so here it is! I definitely wanted to make something unique for Hil because she's the most creative art teacher around.


Directions:
  1. Lay out Scrabble tiles so that you can see all of the letters you have to work with.
  2. Think of words that reflect the interests of your bride and groom (or friend, family, etc.)
  3. Assemble words so it looks like an actual Scrabble board (can be more difficult than you think. Scrabble needs more "I"s and "E"s!)
  4. Glue down pieces with Tacky Glue once you like the arrangement. 
  5. Let dry overnight and enjoy!

...and here's what happens when you have letter pieces left and a fiance that you know will enjoy the humor of finding this on the counter.


1 comment: