Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Traditions


My favorite Christmas movie of all time is an oldie but a goodie: White Christmas. I make a point to watch it every year during the Christmas season. I was lucky enough to watch it with Miss Aud, who also appreciates older movies. Yes, it might have a few self-indulgent dance numbers. But there's something about breaking out into song mid-sentence that just steals my heart.

Another tradition that I have come to expect every year as an elementary Spanish teacher is the request for the #1 Spanish Christmas song of all time: FelĂ­z Navidad. Don't get me wrong, I like this song, and I see its importance as being catchy enough for kids to remember, but listening to it seven times a day for weeks on end gets a little much. I somehow got away with only playing it a few times this year. Just don't tell my students, they may revolt and demand it if they knew my evil plan...
(Christmas cards from my students, now en route to kids in Honduras)

No comments:

Post a Comment