Thursday, December 22, 2011

My day, in pictures

Today, I...

...wrapped presents and watched Christmas movies with the husband.
  
...visited Indy CD and Vinyl on an impromptu trip to Broad Ripple.  
...ate at Ripple Bagel and Deli during said trip to Broad Ripple (you must do this SOON).
..busted out the uke for the first time in months for Christmas songs.
 ...made Christmas cookies using my new, glorious mixer. I am in love.
All of these are reasons why I wish it was Christmas all year round. I even ate dinner with mom, dad, and Miss Tessie to top it all off. Today was festive and awesome.

Speaking of festive and awesome, it's a very special two-post day on Misters and Misses! Make sure to check out husband's Christmas Music Post below.

2 comments:

  1. I am envious of the mixer. I too used my mixer yesterday... but it was a cheapie hand mixer that balked at my double batch of cookies. Definitely adding a nice stand mixer to my some-day wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellos! So, I don't claim to be an expert on mixers or anything, but I notice that you are using the wire whisk attachment for cookie batter. I would suggest using the flat beater for normal or heavy batches, like cookies and cakes. The whisk is best used to incorporate air for things like eggs, egg whites, cream, lighter cake batters. :) (Chris, you know which one!)

    ReplyDelete