Wednesday, May 2, 2012

'50s Head Scarf



Today was HOT. The air conditioning units were definitely on before lunch in the Spanish room. I took precautions and chose a hair style that would be as cool as possible. I always imagine all of the housewives in the 1950s vacuuming the carpets with their hair up in a scarf. Or maybe that's just all of the Mad Men episodes talking. Anyway, here's my version.

Pick your favorite scarf. I raided my mom's collection from when she was my age and found quite a few that I really liked.

Fold the scarf in half.

Starting at the point, fold your scarf the width that you want it to be as your headband.

At the end, it should look like this.

Put the scarf around your head. Tie the two ends of the scarf in the front of your head so that the knot looks like this.

Tuck in the ends of the knot underneath the rest of the scarf so that they are hidden. At this point, you might want to use a few bobby pins in the back to make the scarf stay in place.

You're all done! Now go put on your pearls and meet Betty Draper for cards (sorry, last mention of Mad Men, promise).


No comments:

Post a Comment