Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Marquee Sign Wall Art

Jake and I found the coolest antique store while in Grand Rapids, Michigan last month. While there, we found a huge bin of marquee letters. They're the letters you see on signs like this.

Hehe. Love that.

We bought enough of them to spell out a few phrases. I knew I wanted to do some type of wall art with them, but I just wasn't sure what. Here's what I finally came up with.


SUPER easy to create. Take a piece of string and use wooden clothes pins to attach the letters to the string. 

Because we are renting our house, I try my hardest not to put too many nail holes in the wall. Instead, I attached the string to the wall using thumb tacks. I didn't really like the look of the tacks, so I made a cover for them.
This is a cap to a 2-liter bottle. I cut fabric to the size of the cap and hot glued it on. Then, I hot glued the cap to the flat part of the thumb tack.

Start looking at Goodwill, thrift stores, and flea markets for marquee letters! They're a lot of fun to play with.



No comments:

Post a Comment