Sunday, August 26, 2012

Home Town Surprises


I have lived in the same house in southeastern Indiana all my life (well, my life before marriage). I felt like I knew everything my little area had to offer. But, thanks to my grandparents, I learned that my neck of the woods still has some gems to offer that I had no idea existed. 

 Grandpa told me there was a school-turned-restaurant around the Versailles area that "wasn't very fancy," but he thought I would like it. Grandpa knows me well.
 

Did I mention it had an antique shop attached? Yep. Surprise of the day was the only one that bought anything was Dad. He got a small marble topped dresser for a steal!

We then went down the road to an Amish bulk food store. So many spices, soup mixes, produce...I finally decided on a vanilla dark hot chocolate mix. Cuteness points go to the little Amish children in their overalls and bare feet riding bikes to the store.

Don't you love it when your home area surprises you? Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment