Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mumford and Sons concert

Oh.My.Goodness. That's all I can say after Jake and I saw Mumford & Sons live in Louisville on Monday night. We knew it was going to be a late night, but when one of your favorite bands that live on another continent come to town, you go!
We really enjoyed the opening bands (which sometimes is not the case at concerts). Mumford's stage setup was so neat, lots of cafe lights and candle-like spotlights. Their big screens on either side of the stage were in black and white, which gave the whole concert a vintage feel. Jake said he felt like he was in a Noir film.
The concert was made even better by the fact that we met up with our friends, Brad and Emily. It was so fun to catch up, and Emily and I swooned over Marcus Mumford the whole night. The concert was sold out (16,000 people!) and I now know that I am spoiled with the smaller shows we go to all the time. Definitely not used to the big crowds.
So now I'm still on the Mumford concert high and eagerly awaiting their new album that comes out next month! Can't wait!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment