Sunday, August 14, 2011

Forgiveness-but I don't want to right now.

I really needed the song "Miracle" by Mike Mains and the Branches for this post.

"Don't we know that we were made miracles?
Don't we know that we were made
To keep our hands clean and our shoulders back?"
 
Something just happened to me that shook my belief in the good of people. I'm totally jaded, mad, and sad at the same time. I gave my all, and was slapped in the face for it. I didn't deserve it.
 
 "Father of mine,
I know I'm not really making You proud
We've all been lonely fruit with filthy branches
Looking down at the ground
We tell 'em "Oh, it's alright,
Come to my room, meet all my demands!"
But then like morning light the verdict's out
And truth walks in,
I didn't die for you to live like this.
I didn't die for you to live like this.
I didn't die for you to live like this.
Oh, I died for you to love!"

I'm feeling things that I know I shouldn't feel. I want to get back at them. I want them to pay. 
 
But then, when I've calmed down a bit, I know I slowly need to think about forgiveness. I've got the greatest example of forgiveness and grace right in front of me in Jesus. He didn't die for me to hold this in and ask for revenge, he died for me to love those that did me wrong.

This theme of grace and forgiveness keeps coming up in my life. I'm learning a lot.
 

1 comment:

  1. I hope things smooth out quickly - it's never good to feel let down or betrayed.

    ReplyDelete