Monday, August 22, 2011

My pretend housewife life

Sometimes I think I would have been perfectly content being a 1950s housewife.

Reading my pocket book of prayers as I cook a dinner consisting of meat and potatoes, all of which was soaked in butter...

I don't know, maybe it's because Mom and I started watching the first season of Mad Men. Or maybe it's because I'm getting married soon. Or all of those I Love Lucy episodes I know by heart (Joe, is it hot in here to you?!). But, I've always enjoyed the 50s. I love the clothes, the music, everything. 

Then again, I wouldn't be that keen on no cell phones, bomb shelters, prejudice against working women, and having to wear hose everywhere I go. Maybe I'll just be a housewife for Halloween this year and call it a day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness we don't have to wear hose! I'd never make it through the day!

    ReplyDelete