Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I smell like zucchini.

My student council kids have started a garden at school. We're growing all kinds of things to serve in the cafeteria, but we also decided to make zucchini bread later on in the year as a fundraiser. I knew we wouldn't get enough from our garden, so I asked parents for any extra they had. Um, ask and you shall receive! I ended up with three garbage bags full of zuch.

Luckily, I have a wonderful dad that is willing to learn how to work a food processor to help me. I think he secretly liked it...it's basically a kitchen version of a power tool, right?

Behold: Forty cups of blended zucchini.


In other news, a first grader tried to get my attention today by calling me "Mrs. ManDyke". That is most definitely one name I have never been called before, for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment