Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Guest Room Makeover

We made one of our extra rooms upstairs into a guest bedroom when we first moved into our house in Morristown. Well, after the wedding I found that I had developed a new hobby: crafting. I've accumulated quite a stash of yarn, felt, glue guns, etc. with nowhere to store them. I got the idea to set up a little crafting nook in our extra bedroom. Jake has his "man cave" downstairs, so it's only right that I have a "women cave". Doesn't really have the same ring to it, but you get it. 

One of my goals in the upcoming months is to start crafting/creating things more often. I really enjoy gifting the finished products to friends and family, plus it just make me happy to get creative with something that is simply for fun, not for work or something else I'm obligated to do. It's a nice outlet.

Before...

...and after.


Vintage aprons are courtesy of my dear friends Jim and Jackie as a wedding present. I was super excited when I opened that box!


3 comments:

  1. Look at you go! I need to do the same thing - I dedicated part of my guest room to crafty things, but I've let it get taken over. I might have to reclaim it, if we ever get a snow day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I'm working on putting in a corner for my crafting in our guest bedroom as well.
    Is it bad that I noticed the 31 circle spirals print in the corner of a picture?? :) I have a few things on order to help me organize my crafting area!
    Love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good eye, Mindy! It was a Christmas present. It's great for holding all of my yarn!

    ReplyDelete