Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hanover Grist Mill


I had the coolest experience today. Jake and I kept seeing signs around Morristown for the Hanover Grist Mill (and their promise of locally-made honey). So, Jake gave me directions and I ventured out to find it after school today (my honey craving finally got to me). 
The Mill sells local honey, coffee, eggs, even lard, and also grinds all of their own flour with mill stones. Super old school. The owner, Tim, told me all about how their flour is made, and we chatted about the cool locally-grown products in the area. I ended up staying twenty minutes after the Mill closed. I can't wait to go back with Jake so we can grind our own flour and bake all kinds of bread and goodies with it. Doesn't that sound great?

1 comment:

  1. Hey dearest, I gave you an award on my blog- check it out :)

    -Staci
    www.letsteachsomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete