Sunday, January 22, 2012

Peace

My senior year of college I took one of the most influential trips of my life. I went with a small group from my church to Guatemala to visit some of the Mayan villages in the Guatemala City area. Seeing the direct effect of civil war, injustice, and poverty made a lasting effect on me and made me want to educate myself on these issues ever since. 
Tonight I found out that one of the families that hosted us was beaten and robbed in their home very recently, possibly in reference to the work he does with the church. I visited this home just four years ago during our trip.
Please join me in praying for this family and the rest of the citizens in Guatemala so that they can experience lasting peace in their country. The really, really deserve it for what they've gone through. Just read up on the history of Guatemala in the last few decades.

"Alzaré mis ojos a los montes, de dónde vendrá mi socorro. Mi socorro vendrá a Jehova que hizo los cielos a la tierra." 
Psalm 121: 1-2
Here's me in Guatemala learning the marimba at a local school.

No comments:

Post a Comment