Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Best. Compliment. Ever.

I believe today I was given the best compliment I have ever heard in my three years of teaching. This compliment was given to me by a 2nd grade boy:

"Ms. VanDyke, your class was better than Gym today!!"

Now, if you have ever been around a 7-8 year-old boy, you know this is the highest compliment a teacher can recieve. Gym is as close to recess as you can get during the day.

What were they doing, you may ask? They were exploring the website Quest for Compassion.
It was made through the organization Compassion International (which I am a big fan of). It gives kids a chance to virtually explore countries around the world and find out what life is like for the kids that live there. Many of the homes these kids live in are shacks or other sub-par housing. I love how Compassion explains and approaches these issues. I highly recommend it to any church workers/teachers/parents out there!

1 comment: