Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mom's Day!

Although I've inherited some not-so-desirable traits from my family (double chin, my inability to cut a pie correctly), there is one thing that I hope I carry on to the best of my ability; Today (Mother's Day) my mom invited some family friends to our celebratory lunch who had just lost their Grandma a few weeks ago when they didn't have other plans. My Grandma invited a newly-widowed neighbor to lunch today so she wouldn't be alone before her out of town kids could get there. Even though it was their special day, they were willing to share it with others so that their day could be special as well. These are just a few of the many selfless acts these two do on a daily basis, and I think the world of them because of that. Happy Mom's Day to all of the Moms that are near and dear to my heart! 

Here's a picture of some lovely ladies in my life: Mommy-O, Gramma, Tessie, and me

Another blogging Mommy I got to spend the day with: Miss Hannah Belle! You can read about this uber-creative mommy-o here.

No comments:

Post a Comment