Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thursday Music Post

There's certain music you can listen to where you can put on your headphones and step outside of things for a moment. You can be in your own world, and it is good. Jónsi is like that for me. Who is Jónsi? He's only the newest music obsession of mine. I've seriously only been listening to his album for about a week, but it is amazing. Do you know the band Sigur Rós? Well, Jónsi is their lead singer, and he has his own solo stuff. I've been currently listening to his album titled "Go." It's hard for me to really put into words what this album does to me. I feel peaceful, happy, and disconnected (in a good way). There is nothing quite like it out there. One of my favorite things said about this album was a review someone wrote about it on Amazon.com:

"In fact, I'd say that this album is played in the afterlife where you're running around in an eternal Spring field while you run through flowers."

That one put me over the edge when I considered buying it, and you know what? The person who wrote that review was exactly right. I always imagine myself doing that very thing while listening to this album, and it's beautiful. I now leave you with one of my favorite songs on the album - "Tornado."



P.S. This album is only $5 on Amazon MP3s for the month of May!

No comments:

Post a Comment