Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Music Post

Hi there! I bet you're wondering who this guy is! Well, I'm Miss Kik's fiance, Mr. Jake! She's asked me to write a music post every Thursday, so this is the first of the Thursday Music Posts. Who knows what will go here. Sometimes it could be a brief post about a new band I've found (or just an obscure band I like a lot), and sometimes I could write a longer post about music in general. I guess it's going to have to be whatever catches my fancy!

This week I want to introduce you to a band called "Beirut." Actually, they aren't really a "band" at all; it's just one guy! Well, it started as one guy but has since grown into a multi-member band. I first discovered Beirut when I was browsing around CDs at a local music store in Louisville, KY called Ear X-Tacy. I suggest checking out this store. Here's their website: http://www.earx-tacy.com/

What drew me in to this band was the fact it was just one guy, and he was 19 years old (at the time). Also, a marketing point he used was the fact there were NO guitars on any of the songs, which sounded pretty amazing. Needless to say, if you are an indie freak, you will like this band. Wikipedia classifies them as Balkan Folk, World Music, Indie Folk, and Electronica. One instrument of choice by this band is the ukulele, and as you get to know Miss Kik you'll learn that's her instrument of choice.

Anyway, I could say whatever about them and it wouldn't do them justice. Just watch the video and do what I did. Fall in love. (Don't tell Kik).




That's it for this week's Thursday Music Post. Adios!

2 comments:

  1. LoVE this. LOvE you. Keep the good music coming. In fact, you should just usurp Kik's dumb blog. No one cares about burritos and puddles. Kik, I'm joking! I love them. I listed this page as one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it, Jamesus! That means a lot. Just don't butcher my poor grammar choices. Fiance is very good at bringing new music to my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete